What are the major water pollutants?
Rising water pollution is a direct threat to the environment and a factor leading up to global warming. Several types of pollutants lead to water pollution but here is a list of major water pollutants.
Major Water Pollutants include:
- Different types of plastics
- Untreated grey water containing detergents and other inorganic chemical compounds
- Raw Sewage water containing oxygen consuming elements
- Discharge from agricultural lands including pesticides, insecticides etc.
- Discharge from large scale industries
Other Common Water Pollutants include:
- Radioactive Waste or Discharges from Nuclear Power Plants
- Thermal Discharges from industries and power plants
- Suspended solids and sediments
- Pathogens and other disease causing agents