Is recycling the clear winner for plastic wastes?
Yes. Recycling of plastic waste is a good solution.
Pollution caused by different plastic wastes is a major contributor towards the degrading environmental conditions all over the globe. Some of the direct problems caused by plastic waste are:
- Land Pollution
- Ocean and Sea Pollution
- Endangerment to Flaura and Fauna
Recycling of plastic enables the reuse of this plastic waste which otherwise would have been
- Dumped in Landfills or soils
- Dumped in water bodies such as lakes, ponds, seas or oceans
Other benefits of recycling plastic waste are
- Reduces demand of virgin plastic products
- Reduces energy consumption
- Reduces consumption of petroleum by-products
- Reduces carbon footprint